Why to Get Rid of Carpet
Making the switch from carpet to hard floor is an extremely common request. Why?
1. Selling or renting. Hard floors are widely preferred by renters and buyers. If you are renting an apartment, hard flooring like vinyl is more durable and unlike carpet does not need to be changed between tenants. Hardwood floors specifically tend to sell more quickly than those with carpets, and add value to the home.
2. Style. It goes without saying that hard flooring is more modern. But there is also wide range of options for hard floors, such as laminate, ceramic, hardwood, vinyl, and linoleum. You can use wide tiles or planks, different stains, and even several species of trees.
3. Day-to-day maintenance. Hard floors are easier to clean, do not stain as easily or trap odors, and stay in good quality much longer than carpets.
4. Long term maintenance. Whereas carpet has to be replaced , hardwood floors are simply refinished. Other hard floors like vinyl, stay in good condition longer, especially under a lot of foot traffic, but if necessary may be replaced in pieces while retaining their aesthetic.
5. Price. Some flooring, like vinyl, can be less expensive than carpet, and less expensive to maintain and replace.
It’s also a more convenient choice for those with pets, children, guests and allergies.
Install Gutter Covers to Avoid Blockages
Blocked gutters can be unsightly and inconvenient, as well as being expensive to keep clean. Not only that, if the rainwater run-off is allowed to continue even worse problems may arise that could seriously harm your home and your bank account! See the following article from Angie's List "Four Ways Clogged Gutters Can Damage A Home"
Installing gutter guards is a relatively inexpensive and simple way to combat the build up of material in your gutters. For our clients, we use fine-mesh guards that need minimal maintenance and keep leaves, pine needles, dirt, grit and other bebris out of your gutter.
Clean And Renovate Sidings
Vinyl siding is the most popular siding material in the United States. It is durable, looks great, and doesn’t rot or flake. However, it does get a dull and dirty look over time. Even more important, it will harbor unhealthy mold, mildew, dirt, bugs, and other unwelcome visitors unless it is thouroughly cleaned periodically. We recommend cleaning your home’s siding every year; keeping it in good repair extends the life of any siding and heads off replacement costs.
Check Your Roof Before It's Too Late!
Roof leaks can be one of the worst surprises for a house owner; but they can be avoided by periodic inspections. If you see leaks around your chimney, or notice that your ceiling has water stains, you may need to replace the flashing on your chimney. You should reinstall chimney flashing if you notice that the existing chimney flashing is damaged or rusted. Often, replacing some shingles and re-flashing a chimney is enough to cure the problem, and much less expensive than a new roof!